I thought I was the old crumbly bit, that my use was pretty much over, other than being tracked here and there by two persistent mutts. I'm a homebody, accustomed to a quiet house, a separate remote control for my side of the bed, and a computer with a monitor big enough for the neighbors to read when the blinds are open.
But I was wrong. Fifty is the new forty. Older women can do anything these days: race cars, run for president, try out for the part of Baby in Dirty Dancing. I know, they never actually win at any of those things, but still...
The point is – I'm not through yet!
I hope this is an entertaining place for you to come and join in as I critique news of the weird, review new fiction, or let you know about my latest published novel.
Monday, April 1, 2013
ReSpringing
Spring is the time of new growth, buds and shoots pushing the old, crumbly bits away to be ground underfoot or tracked into the house by shaggy four-footed beasts.
Spring is renewal, new life lifting its face to the sun, warming in the bliss of temps that are above zero.
Spring is the time many spread the news of another addition to their family or a coming attraction.
I thought I was the old crumbly bit, that my use was pretty much over, other than being tracked here and there by two persistent mutts. I'm a homebody, accustomed to a quiet house, a separate remote control for my side of the bed, and a computer with a monitor big enough for the neighbors to read when the blinds are open.
But I was wrong. Fifty is the new forty. Older women can do anything these days: race cars, run for president, try out for the part of Baby in Dirty Dancing. I know, they never actually win at any of those things, but still...
The point is – I'm not through yet!
I have a bun in the oven.
I thought I was the old crumbly bit, that my use was pretty much over, other than being tracked here and there by two persistent mutts. I'm a homebody, accustomed to a quiet house, a separate remote control for my side of the bed, and a computer with a monitor big enough for the neighbors to read when the blinds are open.
But I was wrong. Fifty is the new forty. Older women can do anything these days: race cars, run for president, try out for the part of Baby in Dirty Dancing. I know, they never actually win at any of those things, but still...
The point is – I'm not through yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That bun is a literal bun in the oven, as you see. It is April fool's day!
ReplyDelete